Monday, November 7, 2011

Soulmates

Hello from my heart to yours.....

"My soul will find yours." Jude Devereaux, A knight in shining armor

soulmate is the theoretical person with whom one has a feeling of deep or natural affinity, similarity, love, intimacy, sexuality, spirituality, or compatibility. A related concept is that of the twin flame or twin soul, which is thought to be the ultimate soulmate. In New Age spirituality, the ultimate soulmate is the one and only other half of one's soul.  In Catholicism, it is believed that in order for you to find your soulmate, you can pray to St Raphael the Archangel who helped Tobias and Sarah in the Book of Tobit.. he is the patron Saint for Happy encounters... and in Judaism, in the Talmud, Rav Yehuda taught that 40 days before a male child is conceived, a voice from heaven announces whose daughter he is going to marry, literally a match made in heaven! 
 
I am a strong believer in soulmates... of course, when we read or hear that word, we immediately think that it has to do with romantic love and your mate for life... but, I believe we have many soulmates. I, also, think its very possible to not meet any of your soulmates, if you make the wrong choices... you are not destined to end up with a soulmate, but if you do meet someone you really click with, I would say it was, in fact, destined to happen... we have "free will" to choose our mate and our friends for life, but God, the forces of destiny and love ultimately control it all....
 
Today is the birthday of one of my soulmates.  I haven't spoken to him in over a year though and he is not on my blessings list nor my facebook friend anymore... sounds childish even to me as I write this... but part of the reason why is because I didn't like his comportment with one of my friends... maybe I was a wrongly a bit jealous... maybe it was because, at the time, I had a jealous boyfriend who didn't understand that my friend and I could be just "friends" and love one another so much... anyway, despite our inattention with one another, I still consider him my soulmate and I know that he feels the same way... 

Soulmates are forever.. they may come and go physically.. they may appear and stay forever, or only be in your life a short time,  or they may never appear at all... but they are there... it's only a matter of timing.. but since Mr. Free Will gets in the way of our lives sometimes.. we may never really "see" our soulmates and get to enjoy having them travel with us... 

Sometimes, we mistakenly believe someone is our soulmate.. and we travel with them until we realize that they are just in our lives for a reason or a lesson.. "that" revelation only comes in retrospect after the relationship is over though...

"My soul will find yours."  sounds so lovely... I can envision someone whispering that to the wind..letting the words be carried softly into the Universe and into the Heavens.. and by Divine intervention..soul meets soul.. 

Yeah, obviously the "love fest" continues for me... I realize that lately the blessings have been more of "journal entries", but my spirituality is ever-changing.. new experiences and new soulmates abound... I don't know what it means exactly, but I'd like to think that God's love is so filling my heart ... that I am open to receive all that is mine in my  Divine Right and that the people, whose love sustains me, are here to help me along the way to becoming the blessed person that God intends me to be...

May you all "see" one another's loving souls and delight in that you are all loved beyond measure and are cherished blessings to the world... how can we not ALL be one another's soulmates for life? 

May your afternoon be blessed with all things good,
With much love,
Elena

p.s. and I whisper to the wind... "My soul will find yours again, my friend... Happy Birthday"

No comments:

Post a Comment