Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Serendipity

Hello from my heart to yours...

“Whether we name divine presence "synchronicity", "serendipity", or "graced moment" matters little. What matters is the reality that our hearts have been understood. Nothing is as real as a healthy dose of magic which restores our spirits.”  Nancy Long

Serendipity.... an aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident; when someone finds something they weren't expecting to find; when people's paths cross again and again without searching for one another...

This word has always been one of my favorites... its popularity and use was definitely ignited by the 2001 movie called "Serendipity" where a couple reunite years after the night they first met, fell in love and separated, convinced that one day they would end up together... and DID! ... Great movie about having hope in "love" ... some of you may call it fate..destiny..God's will.. the stars.. or the universe.. but, by whatever name you call it... it's all the same... and goes back to the three basic things.. faith, hope and love... it's simply MAGIC and it definitely restores your spirit and reignites the light within your heart....

I'm not only talking of romantic love here though... I'm talking about our life paths and the role that everyone plays in our journey... the most common of this kind of "serendipitous" occurrence happens with long-lost friends.. or those you thought were long-lost and suddenly reappeared just when you needed them... bringing a wonderful and magical new light to your life...

Yesterday, I saw the cousin of a "long-lost" friend who I haven't seen in 12 years.. we were college roommates and inseparable.. each of us in one another's weddings and at the births of our children.. and we shared holidays and traveled together the way sisters would... but then we had a little tiff... nothing that I thought was of much importance and I couldn't understand why she went around saying that I didn't want to be her friend anymore... but to make a long story short.. I moved and lost her... So yesterday, in speaking with the cousin, she told me how much my friend missed me in her life... after a 25 minute conversation, I gave her my number and hugged her... well, I'd like to say that my friend has already called me, but she hasn't... but I'm hopeful... When I saw the word "serendipity" on my FB wall this morning, I immediately felt that it was a "sign" and not only she, but so much of what is going on in my life now, made me stop to think and wonder and daydream.... because I love happy endings...

Anyway, I obviously believe in this phenomenon of life... I am a recipient of this kind of magic... everyday, I meet and re-meet people who give me the dose of magic that restores my spirit... and I think that if we are open to receive it, it will always happen to us... in friendship and in love... with faith, hope and love in our hearts, our journey can always be "serendipituously" delightful... we could be on a spiritual journey to find something or someone and Eureka! it's been right before our eyes and our hearts the whole time... 

May you all be open to receive .. may you not ponder the "who, what, why's" of serendipity.. of fate..of destiny..of God's will..of the stars..or of the universe... accept and embrace all the wonderful discoveries on your journey through life always remembering that you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to the world...

May your afternoon be blessed with all things good,
With love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment