Wednesday, November 30, 2011

Dead Horses

Hello from my heart to yours....

"If the horse dies, get off."    — Kinky Friedman

Yep... this "Life" trail ride that I'm on is causing me to have a momentary lapse of insanity... one of my "worlds" is experiencing chaos... I'm moving forward always... or at least I try to.. but the lassos are flying through the air trying to catch me and take me back to the past... I write this blessing with specific people in mind... Oh, yeah... I know.. not behavior very becoming of me, but after all, you don't all really believe that I am headed to Sainthood, do you?

and so, again I say, "If the horse dies, get off."

So often, we hold on to the past as if we're saddled to it, somehow missing the fact that it's like a dead horse... Not going anywhere at all... It can't bring you to the present, so it most certainly won't carry you into the future.... if you insist on riding it anyway, at some point, you need to understand, it will begin to stink... and stink badly.... 

Let's not diminish the sadness of leaving the dead horse and the past behind you though... as Anatole France said, “All changes, even the most longed for, have their melancholy; for what we leave behind us is a part of ourselves; we must die to one life before we can enter another.” .. but you can do it... if you have faith, hope and love in your heart, you can get off the horse, say a prayer for it (and yourself)... and then, go on and find a new horse to ride... the trail ride is long... new adventures await you... don't be afraid ... you know there is always an outstretched hand along the way... and a rope to pull your new horse if it doesn't want to budge... and please, please, please... allow those people from your past, who have gotten off of their dead horses, to move forward into the future... chances are, you may actually see them again along the way ... 

So... anyway, may you always remember that the only place the past belongs is in the past... Value yourself and get off the dead horse immediately before you start stinking as well... you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to the world... be the blessed person God intends you to be and love yourself with dignity...... 

May your afternoon be blessed with all things good,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment