Friday, March 9, 2012

Time Management

Hello from my heart to yours...

"Don’t say you don’t have enough time. You have exactly the same number of hours per day that were given to Helen Keller, Pasteur, Michelangelo, Mother Teresa, Leonardo da Vinci, Thomas Jefferson, and Albert Einstein." 
                                                                                                                                               — H. Jackson Brown

The one special quality that you possess, that none of the others mentioned had, is your own unique perspective. No one can give to the world what you can, just as no one can make this time your own...  but YOU.... And the blessing is, as Anne Frank so beautifully pointed out, "...nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world."

The only remaining question, therefore, is this: What are you waiting for? ... I am a repeat offender of thinking "I don't have enough time..." and I procrastinate so much sometimes that I end up doing nothing with the time I have... I am even guilty of saying this with regards to writing the blessing... 

On Thursday afternoons, I am soooo over the stress of my 9 year old doing homework that I give him a "pass" and allow him to do it on Friday mornings before school... this morning, he did not want to get up.. much less, do his homework..but we did and we ran out of time.. he was going to be late to school.. sure, it's my fault and I told him that when he filled out the tardy pass to say just that.. "It was Mama's fault" ... he turned and said, "Nope, I am going to put "I did not want to get up because I did not want to go to school .. and so we ran out of time because I took too long... THAT is the truth Mama..." ... "yes, I suppose it is so go ahead and write whatever you want.."

Well... bad Mama.. we had plenty of time in the afternoon to do the homework... but we simply did not feel like it... that's how it is with life sometimes... we have plenty of time to make a difference in our lives and the lives of others, but we all know how much easier it is to sit in the garden and feel the sun on our faces and feel the cool breeze blowing and do nothing... it's much easier to put life off.. sometimes we might need to in order to achieve a long-term goal, but sometimes time passes us by and it becomes too late... 

This may seem like an extreme example... but I have a friend who studied medicine.  She married right before she started the long haul and kept saying, "I'll have a baby after I get through this... well, I'm done with that, but I don't have time for a baby now so, when I get through this, I will... and so on for 15 years..." now at almost 40, there is still no baby and her husband is resentful and accusing her of being selfish... maybe that is another subject completely, but my point is that time does run out sometimes. 

Anyway, I try to manage my time... to make time for everything... but I am the kind of person who does need to lie in my trampoline and look up at the avocado tree branches we try to jump and grab.. I need to sit in silence and do nothing... I don't believe it's dong nothing though.. I pray.. I meditate.. I dream... it may not be a way of "improving the world" by starting to do anything, but it helps me when I do start whatever I take on... 

So, after all this rambling... what am I waiting for? ... hmmmmmm.... a little more time perhaps?... oh, epic failing blessing I guess since I can't lead by example...  oh well....

I hope that at least all of you always understand that you have all the time you need to make a difference.... you are loved beyond measure and are a cherished blessing to me.

May your weekend be blessed with an abundance of love,
with love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment