Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Resolution: Pray and Prepare

Hello from my heart to yours....
 
"If one prays and asks for success and prepares for failure, he will get the situation he has prayed and prepared for..."
                                                                                    Florence Scovel Shinn
 
Happy New Year... it's resolution time again... I'm not too sure that I have exactly "one" resolution I'd like to make... or if I want to make any really... they all seem so frivolous.. lose the 5 lbs I gained over the holidays.. drink less beer... eat healthier... seriously?  ... so, I'm thinking I may just make it more general... like praying and preparing for a decidedly good year ... that's easy, right? maybe too general... but I have been praying about the best "resolution" for me... so, I think I just might ask God to open my eyes and ears and heart more... so that I am prepared to receive all that is mine in my Divine Right... although, as I write that, it seems a little selfish since I feel that I am so blessed already with an abundance of love... I am surrounded by loving and peaceful family and friends... and I carry the hearts of all my kindred spirits in my heart all the time..... love flows like a river.. ever-winding and free... so, I pause now and reflect.... as I think about how wonderful the miracle season has been for me, the "light bulb" goes on and shines brightly.... and my resolution will be this: 

"I resolve to pray and prepare myself for all the continued blessings that I will receive... and I resolve to be thankful to God for all the unconditional love He bestows upon me through His gracious blessings... and I resolve to be the blessed person He intends for me to be... "

I will pray and prepare for an even better year.. the best I have ever experienced....  I will pray and prepare for smiles and sunshine...and joy and laughter.... and love, above all things, I will pray for love, and I will be prepared to share the love I have in my heart with everyone I come in contact with... be it in person or via email or via facebook, even... and I will pray that you all have the same and are prepared to receive love as well....
 
... I will not be discouraged if I feel it isn't happening... it will be a daily exercise ... I resolve to have continued faith and hope.. and I will sit back and prepare to enjoy everyday daily as the best imaginable day ever... I will be constant in my prayers and preparation ... so that at the end of each day I can say, 

"I prayed and was prepared for the blessings of this day... it was one of the best days I've ever had...."
 
May you always be willing to pray and prepare for the best that God has to offer you .. resolve to be open to receive all the blessings that are yours in your Divine Right because you are loved beyond measure and are a cherished blessing to the world....
 
May your day be filled with all things good,
With love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment