Friday, January 27, 2012

NOT "Someday"

Hello from my heart to yours.....

"I've heard of Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday and Friday. But I've never heard of "
Someday." —Reverend Ike

"Someday" I will write a blessing.... lol.... it sounds hilarious of me to write that... but I think I might have answered my aunt that way last night when she said to me, "Cloud, you haven't written lately.."  ... well, it isn't because I haven't had anything to write about... I've actually had too many things to write about maybe...but my thoughts and words just haven't made it to the page...

It reminded me of a friend I had once that would always excuse himself from going places or doing things or moving forward in life by telling me, "Life got in the way." ... yes, "life" does sometimes get in the way, I suppose, and then we start putting everything off and saying "Someday" .. it's so easy to fall into that rut.. it's safer and more comfortable... the idea is to eliminate that word from our vocabulary... we have to simply start... it's impossible for us to live the life we love if we keep putting off our dreams until "Someday"... we are stalling our journey... and we will never love the life we live if we keep saying "Someday" ....

I was trying to think of an affirmation that might help, but saying "Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday.. etc... I will start.... " didn't seem much better to me.... perhaps saying "Today, I will start....." is the only way to ensure that life does not get in the way... so, this morning I said, "Today, I will write a blessing... " ... it may not be a great blessing and it may not convey all the feelings of love that I have been feeling since making my resolution to have "The Best Day EVER" everyday.. (which by the way is working) .. but it's a start... 

... so, my daily affirmations.. my daily mantra.. my daily prayers... my daily offerings in thanksgiving for all the blessings I have... continues to grow.. and I say them aloud because I know that God is listening... I know that the Universe is absorbing all that I send forth from my heart... because I am loved beyond measure... I am blessed.

May you always be willing to give up "Someday" for this day.... TODAY.... because you are loved beyond measure, too.... and you are a cherished blessing to the world TODAY, not "someday" .... 

May you start having "the best day ever" TODAY ... 
I love you,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment