Friday, December 30, 2011

A Toast

Hello from my heart to yours....
 
"A toast to everything that touched us all year long - friends newly met and old friends here and gone but still remembered."   Rod McKuen
 
 
In this last blessing of the year 2011, I toast to you my blessed people... so much of who I am is because of you all... so much of who I want to be is because of you all... and so much of who I will be is because of you all.... and I thank you for that....
 
I know this past year has taught us so many things... and hopefully, we have grown spiritually through all the lessons that life have given us..both good and bad... through prayer and meditation and faith and hope and love, above all things love, we are still here as spiritual beings having human experiences that continue to bring us closer to being the blessed people God intends us to be... ... we will always be blessed... We have and will go beyond the impossible if we trust in God... no reins can keep us from moving forward.. no darkness can keep our light from shining from within... we will always come back to the place we are supposed to be if we truly believe... a place of love ... and we will love better than ever because we will have learned, from loving one another freely, how to love and to be loved completely...  
 
And so I give you this poem below .. my heartfelt wish to all of you who sustain me and make me a better mother... sister... daughter.... friend... who bless me with the constant reminder that we are all children of God and are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to the world....
 
May your hand be full for always, if only with another hand.... and may your heart be empty only long enough to give you cause to fill it up again....
 
Happy New Year... from my heart to yours... I wish you all love,
Elena
 
PASSING THROUGH
We pass the signs
the seasons
and the signposts now
at such a speed
that pausing to reflect
on what direction means
grows harder year by year
and yet your God and mine
daily holds His breath
expecting us to listen
and to care about each other.

Across the fields
beyond the highways
and each ocean,
I reach out to you
hoping I’ll be welcomed
by another outstretched hand.

For each day
in the year just starting
and all those days in the years ahead
I wish you love and reason in your life
and most of all
the feeling and reality
of our friendship.
-from “The Rod McKuen Calendar & Datebook, 1974 & “The Beautiful Strangers,” 1981
 

No comments:

Post a Comment