Friday, January 13, 2012

Teach LOVE

Hello from my heart to yours...

"No one is born hating another person because of the color of his skin, or his background, or his religion. People must learn to hate, and if they can learn to hate, they can be taught to love, for love comes more naturally to the human heart than its opposite"  
                                       — Nelson Mandela

My parents are loving people, however, when we were growing up, they were prejudice and a little racist, too... fortunately, my siblings and I did not learn that .. probably because, even though they had certain feelings about the friends we chose, they did allow us to choose.. they accepted whoever we brought around... sure, sometimes not without commentaries or eye-rolling, but regardless, they respected our choices... and continue to do so... but God help us if the relationships we choose don't work out... lol... I do think though that "we" keep teaching them that it's easier to just LOVE everyone ... (course, my Ma receives the blessings and I'm certain I will get a response... lol... oh well... it's okay, I know I'm not the "favorite" child... )

Anyway, we are all teachers... we teach those around us through the words we speak and the things we do.... I remember reading a quote once about doing the right thing in front of your kids because they are worse than paparazzi.. they are always learning by watching everything you do... scary, huh? well, it goes the same for all of us.. we are all learning from one another whether we realize it or not... we are all connected to one another as children of God.. and I think we are supposed to learn from one another, but I don't think we are supposed to learn "hate" .. as I said yesterday, "God is LOVE" and because we were all created in His image and are all equally beautiful in His eyes, then WE are LOVE, too... and now I just had a random thought... maybe God only sees our hearts... maybe He only sees the light in our souls when it's shining brightly... maybe He just sees spiritual beings interacting and playing and loving... like fireflies maybe... Oh brother! this is when simply sitting down and writing the blessing without much deep thought and/or editing gets me in trouble...  

Back to teaching... I believe that if we are to truly make a difference in the world, the question we must ask ourselves daily is this: 

Am I teaching LOVE today?

no, no, no...... maybe we should affirm daily... 

I am going to teach LOVE today... I am loved beyond measure... I am a cherished blessing to the world... I am LOVE.

Yes... that's it...I like affirmations better.... 
May your weekend be filled with an abundance of LOVE... 
May you have the best day ever everyday.
I love you.
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment