Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Speaking Loudly

Hello from my heart to yours....

"What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say." 
 Ralph Waldo Emerson

Alrighty then... be truthful... when you read the quote, you immediately had all these negative thoughts of people behaving badly towards you just flashing before your eyes like a mad freak slideshow, didn't you? lol... yeah, it's okay... I kind of did, too.. but of course, since my daily affirmation for 2012 is "This is the best day ever", I quickly turned it around... those negative thoughts and people can only affect me if I let them... therefore, I am here to tell you that there are soooo many more wonderful people in your lives that "speak" so loudly with their actions of LOVE, that you don't need to "hear" what they are saying...

I am here to testify to that... I can honestly say that I have people in my life who "speak" LOVE to me with their actions... and I thank God for that...

Sure, it's nice to "hear" lovely things, but when someone silently smiles at you or gives you a hug or touches your arm or hand.... when someone just passes by you and gives you an unsuspecting kiss... when someone shows you LOVE and kindness and happiness and peace... sometimes... that's all you need to "hear" to have the best day ever....

A friend of mine posted a "Pay it Forward" kind of challenge... this is how it goes....

I promise to make something homemade/handmade for the first 5 people who comment on my post. You must then re-post this on your status and make something for the first 5 people who comment on your status. The rules are it HAS to be homemade by YOU, they must receive it before 2012 ends and you HAVE to re-post this!

Okay.. so I wasn't one of her first 5 to comment, so she won't have to make me anything, but I re-posted it anyway.. after all, I love to make things for people... and really.. how nice would it be to be able to connect with our friends this way... I only have 218 friends... (haha.. I say "only" like it's a few...but I did have almost 500 at one time.. anyway.. I have less drama now...)

I thought it would be easy to get 5 comments... sometimes I get 15 in 2 minutes for really ridiculous things... 53 minutes later, I have 3 comments, but only 1 is willing to play along and re-posted the status... am I taking it personally? nah, not really... however, it does sadden me a bit... only 1 of my friends is willing to "DO" for another ... so...... my beautiful angelic friend and I will make something for one another... lol... and we will show one another the love we feel ... and it will "speak" volumes from Miami to Jerusalem and back.. and we will have the best day ever... Amen.

May you always remember that everything you "do" shows others who you are... all your actions "speak" loudly... the good and the bad... and while people will remember all the smiles and hugs and kisses you have given them, for some reason, the bad actions speak so much louder that they can sometimes be deafening...

May you all be able to "speak" LOVE in all that you "do"... because you are loved beyond measure and are a cherished blessing to the world.. and may your evening be blessed with all things good,
With love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment