Thursday, January 5, 2012

It's You

Hello from my heart to yours....

"Sniff, sniff, sniff...I think I smell a friend"
"Sniff, sniff, sniff...oh, it's you!"                   Bear in the Big Blue House


When my 16 year old son, Giovanni, was little, he loved to do this to me and for me to do it to him... it was absolutely adorable... He'd yell out... "It's YOU!" and crack himself up....

I have a friend who loves to smell me... says it's my perfume ... it's a cheapy perfume, but now I want to buy every bottle in the store and own stock in it even because I love when he sniffs my face and my neck... T.M.I. for a blessing probably, however, it's a wonderful feeling to have someone want to be so close to you that they sniff, sniff, sniff... and say, "It's you." LOL... 

This is a recycled blessing... you know.. recycled, reduced and reused... I'm glad I had it saved because I had forgotten the wonderfulness of "It's you."  This blessing came about because I was singing in church one Saturday evening .. not in the choir.. but from the last pew...it's safer there since no one is going to turn around to see who's singing... Anyway, during the part of the Mass where we wish one another peace, a man, who was sitting with his family in the back row, walked over and said, "Oh, it's you... peace be with you secret singer" and I just smiled and replied, "and peace be with you my Emmaus brother.." and he walked away... to this day, I have no idea who he is... 

This reminded me of the movie Hook, which I watch again and again with Giorgio since his best friend loves Peter Pan.. anyway, there's a scene where one of the lost boys cups the grown-up Peter Pan's face and looking into his eyes he says, "It's you."
and I started thinking about that little sentence... "It's you."  Imagine if we could all use our senses to recognize God in one another.... it really isn't that difficult obviously... I mean a bear can smell a friend... a man in church heard my voice.. and the lost boy saw the child in Peter Pan's eyes....

We are all children of God... His love is in our hearts... Love and let God shine through you...be open to see God in others, too..... so that we can always recognize each other... it's actually very simple... think about this way......

.......through our ability to hear one another's voices and the sound of laughter... through our ability to touch hands and feel someone's cheek against ours... through our ability to smell someone's cooking or their cheap perfume... through our ability to taste a dessert prepared for us or the taste of salty tears when we kiss our children... through our ability to see the beauty in someone's smile and the sparkle in everyone's eyes ....  through all of these things and more, we can see God in one another.. and wouldn't this world be a fabulous place if all around us we heard.... 

Oh, it's YOU!

After all, we are loved beyond measure and are cherished blessings to the world... we should recognize God in each other always....
May your afternoon be filled with love,
Elena 

No comments:

Post a Comment