Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Call us "Weird" ... please....

Hello from my heart to yours...

“We’re all a little weird. And life is weird. And when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall into mutually satisfying weirdness—and call it love...." Dr. Seuss

We are in the season of Aquarius... the LOVE season as I like to refer to it... I was always taught that Catholics are not really supposed to be guided by the horoscope, but I have read so many things regarding the connection between astrology and the bible that I cannot believe that the stars, the moon, the planets, etc.. do indeed affect us daily...... It is a science that I honestly cannot begin to truly understand...I am not wired to be an expert on any ONE thing.. I just know a little bit of a lot of things.. and if I don't know, well then, I google and grab bits and pieces of information that I can use to be the blessed person God intends for me to be...

The consensus is that each "AGE" lasts around 2000 years... but many believe that we entered into Aquarius around 1890's and the first Industrial Revolution and the invention of electricity... and flying in 1906 and mass car production in 1914... and so on, into the Nuclear age in the 1940's and then the internet phenomenon... who can really pinpoint it? ... regardless, the majority believe we are well into the Age of Aquarius... 

As far as the horoscope goes, there is a website that has 12 tips for the people born under the other 11 astrological signs on how to thrive during the Aquarius Season... it's no secret that we are different (and we love to be).. we flaunt our uniqueness every chance we get.. we follow the beat of our own drum into shocking, fringe-y, taboo or just strange territory... we are misunderstood at so many levels... and those of us who embrace this are drawn to one another like irresistible magnets... and we call it LOVE...

But I wasn't going to write about Astrology... and I have a feeling a random tangent writing is what's going to happen today...

What stands out most in the quote is the word WEIRD... maybe because It seems to be an adjective many people use to describe me.... 

WEIRD is defined and described like this: ....involving or suggesting the supernatural; unearthly or uncanny.... fantastic; bizarre... unnatural, preternatural, eerie, unearthly...that which is mysterious and apparently outside natural law...suggestive of the fateful intervention of supernatural influences in human affairs.. that which is ghostly and makes one's flesh creep...unearthly as in that which seems by its nature to belong to another world... uncanny in its mysterious defiance of the laws established by experience....

Lovely... well... what the heck? lol... so I go back to Dr. Seuss.... "We're all a little weird.." and being that the case, I am here to tell you that I am in love with all the compatibly weird people in my life... and I'm thinking that if everyone truly accepted that they are just as weird as every one else, then we would co-exist happily and joyously in our mutually satisfying weirdness...and we would LOVE... and what's so wrong with that? after all, "weird" is a subjective point of view with a negative connotation... but why? why negative?  I hereby declare that in my dictionary it is now a positive adjective...I mean as I re-read the definition... supernatural, unearthly, mysterious, fantastic. etc... those words describe God to me... (yes... I know some of you are shaking your heads saying... "Oh God, she IS weird" ..lol...) but I say "Woo Hoo !!!" I want to be weird if it means I can be described with words that can, also, be used to describe God...

So... it's settled... call me WEIRD.... know that I'll be waiting for you to join me with your WEIRD self so we can fall into mutually satisfying weirdness and call it... LOVE... because we are all cherished blessings to the world and we are so very loved beyond measure...
May our day be filled with love...
I love you,
Elena 

No comments:

Post a Comment