Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Giving


Hello from my heart to yours...
 
"What do we live for, if it is not to make life less difficult for each other."       --George Elliot

One of the greatest habits you can develop is the habit of giving to others; freely and cheerfully giving as much and as often as you can.... and I am not saying to go out and spend tons of money and handing out gifts.... no, no, no...... give of yourself.... give of the joy you carry in your heart....

Probably the easiest way to give is through a smile... you can develop the habit of giving quickly if you just went around smiling at people.... then following through by maybe uttering the word "hello" .... super easy really...

This morning, I woke to the sounds of the birds singing outside my window... since I don't have the A/C on, and all the windows are open, it was like a symphony going completely through the house... as if the birds in the front yard were singing to the ones in the back yard ... it was just like a Disney movie.... I stayed in bed for about 10 minutes just listening... thanked God for giving me that beautiful song to start my day, and got up....

As I was preparing the coffee, Giorgio came into the kitchen quietly and said, "Mama, the birds are so happy today.....even Hunter has joined in the singing.." (Hunter is our little parakeet, who was indeed, chirping away..) and so is the trickling effect of joy... God gave us singing birds...which gave us joy and happiness... in the same way, when you give, the joyful energy you send out comes back in the most remarkable ways... don't concern yourself with how it will come back or even if it will... just be conscious of the joy that comes in giving of yourself.... And as you do, giving cheerfully, lovingly, openly and unconditionally, then the law of cause and effect will come into play and far more than you have given will be given back...

I am so blessed to belong to a vicious circle of "giving" .... I wake up to smiling boys who adore me (fortunately, they all wake up happy) ... when I drop of Giorgio, I am greeted by other smiling mothers and teachers... when I go to work, my co-workers practically scream "good morning" .. (they are the happiest people) ... when I visit job-sites, the workers are happy to see me and show me all that they have accomplished ... and when I visit the tenants, they hug me and welcome me inside and share coffee or soda with me... how can I NOT be happy? all the smiles and embraces I receive throughout my day, are gifts of one-self... absolutely free...

See how easy it is? Go out today and (if it doesn't come naturally to you) make a conscious effort to smile at everyone you see... no one is going to think you're crazy, they are going to love it and smile back.... even the ones that might think you're crazy, will walk away shaking their heads....smiling... hahaha.... so.....give smiles, give hugs, give love, give simple acts of kindness....give attention, give time, give understanding, give willingness, give a hand.. none of these things cost money .... giving is always, always, always beneficial to everyone and everything concerned.

Since you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to the world, it is sooooo easy to give.... give, give, give... and you will receive, receive, receive ... what a blessing!

May your Tuesday be as terrific as you are....
With love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment