Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Flying Lesson


Hello from my heart to yours...
 
"'Come to the edge,' he said.
They said, 'We are afraid.'
'Come to the edge,' he said.
They came.
He pushed them, and they flew..."

                                          - Guillaume Apollinaire 

********************************************************************

This is one of my favorite quotes.... I can totally envision it... For me, it's about having the faith that when pushed, I really am capable of flying... We all need little pushes sometimes to move forward in life... In some areas of my life, I have not needed anyone to push me, instead I have needed people to hold me back... but now that I have been "flying" freely, I realize that there were so many areas of my life where I wish someone would have pushed me years ago...  

Since October or so... I have soared way out of my comfort zone and have learned so many things about myself... I have gone up and down, and glided at times, not really knowing if the wind was carrying me or not... but I have had faith and have not been afraid to look down because I know that I am a work in progress...and just like a bird spread its wings, if I spread my arms wide enough, I will make it further than I can ever imagine... 

I have become a little more responsible... a little more organized... I am held accountable .... I am part of a team...  and get this, I even have business cards......  those of you who truly know me are probably cracking up right now, but it's true...  I'm like a grown up... I've had the box of cards for almost a month and just gave away the first one yesterday.. felt kind of nice.. I belong to something bigger... I just needed a little push... someone to have faith in me.. someone to tell me to go ahead and do it.. someone to be willing to teach me... someone to pray for me... yep, that's it... all those "someones" pushed me a little and now I can see beyond the horizon... sure, I still have those "moments" of hesitation, but now that I have felt what it is like to fly, it doesn't take much of a push before I am already jumping off the edge again......
 
Anyway, let's use this quote to do a mental exercise today... a meditation of sorts ...
 
Close your eyes...Think of a current problem; a situation you may be in; anything that you know is holding you back from moving forward... In your mind's eye, see it is represented by a wide, deep chasm cut across the face of the earth and imagine yourself fearlessly stepping to the very edge and looking down.... Far, far below you can see a rapidly flowing river so narrowed by the distance that it looks no wider than string.

Now imagine spreading your arms open wide and leaping from the edge, falling downward for an instant and then feeling your body being lifted on a strong current of air.... You ride the current upward..
 ..  Up, up, up you go, soaring higher and higher, feeling exhilarated and alive....

Soaring to a whole new level of understanding where faith, hope and love keep you afloat... and all because you stepped to the edge and jumped...


So, did you see yourself?  Try this every time you find yourself having to deal with some kind of "problem" ... even a "disappointment" ... or a "project" ... I don't know... put whatever you want into that chasm ... see it disappear into the flowing river... have faith in God and yourselves  ... and you will always be able to fly...
 
Everything we fear in life that deters us from moving forward either tie us in knots and make us feel trapped or gives us an opportunity to fly.... We get to choose which.... and may you always be aware that everything that we fear in life is a flying lesson in disguise....

You are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to me... Let's all fly together...
 
May your day be filled with all things good,
With Love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment