Monday, December 19, 2011

Righteous Minds

Hello from my heart to yours....
"I am here to help you to find, take back, and keep your righteous mind."
                                                      Melvin B. Tolson, Professor, poet, columnist

I have missed you all this past week or so... I'd like to say I was on some spectacular vacation and I didn't have internet.. and that I have a million adventure stories to write to you about... but nope... just maybe trying to keep my righteous mind as the winds of winter come blowing in... not that I expect a blizzard of sorts in Miami.. lol... but my life always seems to change with the seasons... 

This is OUR holiday week... at sunset tomorrow, Hanukkah, the "Festival of Lights" begins ... and at midnight on Saturday, the "Light of the World" (as Christians refer to Jesus Christ) is born... It's hard to keep our righteous minds during the holidays... we run around like lunatics trying to find the perfect gifts... preparing for family visitors... worrying about what we are gong to eat, etc.... or we may be so overwhelmed with thoughts of loved ones who are no longer with us... or feelings of loneliness because we cannot be with our families and friends... etc.... I don't know... Holidays are tricky...our minds and our hearts can become clouded.... and the true meaning of our celebrations can get lost in the turmoil of it all...  

Wouldn't it be nice if we truly took the time and made the effort to help people find, take back and keep their righteous minds during these "luminous" miracle days?  We all carry "light" within us...this is a recurring theme of mine, I know... I suppose that I am simply trying to find ways to make sure I can always see someone's light... and ways to ensure that everyone sees my light, too... I believe that we can clear one another's minds by trying to see God's light in the eyes of everyone we run into.  Our souls are an expression of God's creation.. if we see this, (whether the other person does or not), we could really change the way we see one another and this would be an amazing world. We wouldn't rush each other in traffic, growl at store clerks and one another during the holidays, or dread seeing family members (who are unaware) during this time.... We would just look at each other and see LOVE.
So, let this be our endeavor this week - to practice this and to try to see God in everyone's eyes. It isn't always easy, but it certainly could be a lot of fun.  When you try to see God in everyone, you DO have fun because you feel like a child saying, "Oh there you are God," and "There you are again," and "There You are all around me." Sometimes the greatest blessings are too obvious to see. And here goes the tangent...because as I write this, a scene from the movie "City of Angels" comes to mind... the angel is sitting at the picnic table and the little girl comes to him and looks into his eyes.. she smiles and asks "Can you hear it? ... I'm growing."  She could see him for what he was... an angel... a messenger from God... and how cool would that be?
Anyway.... May you always be willing to see and find God's light in everyone's eyes so that everyone can keep their righteous minds ... and in the process, you may even see an angel or two.... because we are all loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to the world.
May your day be filled with all things good.
With love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment