Friday, December 23, 2011

Let Love Rule

Hello from my heart to yours....
 
"The worth of man is not in how he treats himself or his dearest dozen friends but how, when it is offered him, he treats the treat of giving. "       Rod McKuen- from "Looking for a Friend, 1980"

I think I have "Recycled, Reduced & Reused" this blessing for the past 3 years on this date... because one thing is ever constant... I celebrate December 23rd as the day that reminds me that there are genuine "givers" in the world... men and women of real "worth" ... so I celebrate all of them... and I bow slightly with prayer hands and say "Namaste..."

Today is the birthday of one of my favorite friends... he is a true giver in all senses of the word... he is a truly grateful recipient of all that it given to him... the love that he shows everyone he comes in contact with is visible in his smile and in his outstretched hand... one of his favorite things to say to us is "Let Love Rule".... and it does when he is present...

In the book, The Go-Giver, Bob Burg says that "....every giving can happen only because it is also a receiving..." We've all heard that it is better to give than to receive... it's one of those traditional bits of wisdom that is drummed into us almost from the birth. Unfortunately, this one bit of wisdom gives the act of receiving a bad rap... receiving is a vital part of the giving process, and unless you are willing to receive, you'll soon find yourself in a state of being where giving to others is impossible. 

Christmas is only 2 days away... my bedroom is a mess... beads...charms... chains... cards... boxes ... ornaments... all over the floor and on my dresser... I had intentions of painting, but with a house full of kids, that hasn't happened...  I consider myself to be one of the richest girls in South Miami, unfortunately, my bank account doesn't reflect that.... so, I make gifts ... sure it takes time, but God gifted me with a little creativity and so I try to use it whenever possible... I love to give... and.......... I love to receive ...... especially home-made gifts ...

Last year, Giorgio made me a book called, "My Friendship with Mama" ... absolutely adorable... this year, I asked him if he was going to make me something and he said, "Mama, I have money now so I'm just waiting on someone to take me shopping... lol" ... anyway, home-made gifts warm our hearts... and guess what? you can actually warm your own heart as well... make just one home-made card for a loved one... you'll see how great it feels and you may find that after you make one, you say.."hey, I'm going to make one for... and...and ... " .... It takes imagination and true LOVE to share of ourselves... it blesses us to bless others...

All that you give, especially gifts that come from the heart, will come back to you in some way or another.... maybe not instantly and maybe not noticeably... but even if you do not even realize that you are receiving, believe that you are.... believe because you are blessed ... believe because you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to the world .... and to me...
Give graciously and receive gratefully... and remember... (John 13:34)
 
"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another."  ...
 
and LET LOVE RULE!
 
May your day be blessed with all things good,
With Love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment