Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Spring Itself


Hello from my heart to yours...

"When spring came, even the false spring, there were no problems except where to be happiest. The only thing that could spoil a day was people and if you could keep from making engagements, each day had no limits. People were always the limiters of happiness except for the very few that were as good as spring itself."                                     Ernest Hemingway (A Moveable Feast)
Today's quote sounds pretty cynical when all I write about is having faith in one another and blessing people so that you are blessed in return.. but I love HEM and I love this quote because it reminds me of all the people in my life who ARE as good as spring itself... 
                                                                                      and it's SPRING!!!..  

so.......... Today, I celebrate and salute my "Spring" people... 

You know who you are.. 
You are the ones who continue to receive my blessings (and maybe even sometimes) you are the ones who read them... lol...  
You are the ones who respond and thank me...and write me to ask me who I am and how you came to be on my blessing list in the first place....
You are the ones who secretly send me gifts like hand-knit socks, meditation pebbles, hand-made "cross" anklets and Buddha bracelets.... fleur-de-lis relics, angel wing necklaces,  letters and note cards,  hyacinths ready to bloom, ........ 
You are the ones who put hearts and happy faces on my facebook wall.. and post songs for me... and tag me in inspirational pictures.. 
You are the ones who ask me to sing in the middle of the night at retreats... and decorate prayer rooms.. and who invite me to break "challah" ... and walk the stations of the cross in the garden... 
You are the ones who build me up.. and have faith in me.. and trust me... and teach me.. and want me to grow...
You are the ones who make me laugh and cry and feel...  
You are the ones who call me Mama, Elena Maria, Ea, Laney, Lane, Hijita, Sissy, Sister-In-Christ, Tia, Auntie, Mon Ami, Beautiful, Sweetheart, Hippie, Loon... 
You are the ones who inspire me, who feed my light, who feed my soul... who bless me with an abundance of love... 
You are the ones who bring me closer to God....  
YOU are my "Spring" people.... and I love you all... 

...  e.e. cummings wrote:

 "sweet spring is your
time is my time is our
time for springtime is lovetime
and viva sweet love” 


YES!!! Viva the sweet love of all my "Spring" people.... for I am blessed... my days cannot be spoiled... the only problem I have is where to be happiest... I carry "happiness" in my heart always because of YOU... I am a blessed child of God... and so are all of you... you know who you are... 

YOU are cherished blessings to the world and to me... 
YOU are loved beyond measure always....

I celebrate Spring... and I celebrate and salute YOU....

May your days be filled with the unlimited love and happiness of all the people you know who are like YOU..................................................as good as Spring itself... 
With love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment