Friday, March 15, 2013

Light Within


Hello from my heart to yours....

For the past week or so.. this has been my daily affirmation... 

"I am the keeper of my own light ... it comes from within."

I have written so many blessings about the "light" we carry within ourselves, and yet, I have felt that my own light has been taken from me.. slowly (for the past 3 months especially) my light has been dimming ...  and the inability to write blessings is a visible sign of that..... but, last weekend I went to see my Emmaus Sisters at the Lenten Retreat, and low and behold, my heart began to burn within me... it was lighted with fire... I even did something I have never done in the 9 years that I have been attending the retreats... I sang from the altar!!! ... I am the "secret singer" at the retreats, but my lovely friend, Solangel, (Sun Angel) asked me to do the Responsorial Psalm ... "Taste and see the goodness of the Lord" .... how apropo really... anyway, all I remember is that I moved the mic away from myself and stood there swaying back and forth with my hands clasped behind my back for what seemed like hours.. I looked to the priest and then I looked to Sol, who nodded to go ahead, and I sang.... once I sang the first line, I could feel the light within me being ignited again....and I totally forgot I was on the altar.

Anyway, people can do this for us... they can help us be closer to God, and hence, help light our hearts again... and then, there are those people who are capable of blowing your light out without us even realizing it.. we just wake up one day and wonder who we are....  There in the house of God, surrounded by my sisters, how could my light not be ignited?  What we have to strive for is to make sure we have at least one person in our lives that reminds us to "taste and see the goodness of God" ... He is the light we carry in our hearts... we have to be aware of our light and make sure it is always on....

In our journey through life, we are all given challenges and tests... troubles and strife.. we all feel moments of hopelessness and despair.. it is part of our human experience, but we have it in us to accept those times and face them head-on.. armed with the light that we carry within us... if someone was able to take that light away from us, I can only believe that it is because we had forgotten that the faith, hope and love that we carry in our hearts can overcome any obstacle in our way... prayer and daily affirmations are a steadfast way to finding our way back to ourselves and to our light source.... 

I am finding my way back again... I don't think I "forgot" really... I simply became overwhelmed and was taking the easy way out until I did not recognize "ME" anymore...  I am a loner by nature (no one believes that, but it's true) ... and I am very detached... but, I do love.. I am in love with loving people, but am selective about who I allow to love me back ... so selfish of me, I know... but I know that there are those people who I love, who always keep me close to God, and then, there are, also, the opposite kind of people, who pull me away from the true source of light... I have to become better at recognizing who is who....  God's presence in my heart is the only way to replenish the light within.... 

So, I say this prayer now.....

"Infinite Spirit of God, I thank You for the love and light You have graciously placed in my heart. May I be able to draw upon its strength always... knowing that You are who replenishes it daily.. Thank you for the Spiritual beings you have chosen as my travel companions through life.. May our lights join so Divinely as to not allow anyone to be able to extinguish them... May we always be the blessed people You intend us to be.. Amen."

May you all love the light that guides you from within.. may you be a source of light for someone who needs a little push to find their way back... remember that this human experience you are having is only for a short time, as the cherished blessing that you are to the world, shine your love and light so that everyone realizes how loved beyond measure we all are....

May your afternoon be filled with light.
With love,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment