Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving.. and thank YOU...


Hello from my heart to yours....
 
"Thanksgiving is nothing if not a glad and reverent lifting of the heart to God in honor and praise for His goodness." 
                                                            ~Robert Casper Lintner

I have missed you all.... YOU are always in my thoughts and in my heart.... I have a million blessings written in my heart, but they just haven't seemed to make their way to paper... as I reflect on that thought, I realize that it's because, at the time that I stopped writing, my life was in a transitional state and I wasn't able to express all the emotions I was experiencing.. and then suddenly, all the puzzle pieces seemed to come together easily and I was receiving all that is mine in my Divine Right ... and then, I didn't quite know how to express the abundance of love that I was feeling without it sounding like a personal "gratitude journal" of sorts and not just a simple and general blessing.... 

I do not believe in coincidences, but it is funny to me that the last blessing I wrote, on October 2nd, was on the Feast of the Guardian Angel... as I re-read it, it actually brought tears to my own eyes... my angels are with me... they are always with me... my life is good... and I am thankful everyday for all the blessings I have received and continue to receive.. God is so good..... I am at a peaceful place........

So anyway.... this blessing is one that I "Reduce, Reuse, Recycle" every Thanksgiving.... I love Thanksgiving because it is probably the only day that all Americans celebrate regardless of their religion... it is the only day that everyone is thanking God or the Universe or some other higher being... all day people are giving thanks......
On this day before Thanksgiving, give thanks for the gift that YOU are and the life that you lead.  I know how hard it is to be a "spiritual being having a human experience" ... it's hard to bring love into spaces where there is very little... to share truth with hearts that are filled with fear.... and to trust in God even when you do not always have a tangible reason to do so - but these, my blessed friends, are lessons in the mastery of love. It takes fortitude to keep going in times when fear runs so freely around us.. but when you have faith... and when you practice loving kindness... and when you are truthful with yourselves and others...  you will find an abundance of love ... a love that goes way beyond the roof over your head and the food on your table... you will find the abundance of God's love within you... lift up your hearts and give thanks for the love..... 
 
and once again, I continue to give thanks for all of you this Thanksgiving.... You have inspired me for so long.. you have challenged me to search within myself.. you have made me grow and better myself... you have held me up in sad times and you laughed with me in happy times...  as brothers and sisters in this journey called life, our hearts are intertwined.... .  every single one of us experiences the same lessons in different ways, the same emotions at different times, and the same hopes and dreams for the people on earth....  You are the abundance in my life and I am blessed to be connected with you all ...   it is with a grateful and reverent heart that I thank God for all the goodness He brings to my life through all of YOU.......
May God bless you all with good things and may you have a blessed Thanksgiving Day,
With love and sincerity... thank you from my heart to yours... I love YOU... 
Elena
 
And lastly, I'd like to leave you with a prayer written by my great friend, Rod McKuen

THANKSGIVING PRAYER FOR THOSE WHO CANNOT PRAY
To those who cannot pray. To those who cannot walk upon the ground. To those who cannot see and those who cannot hear the world around them. To those who cannot speak. To those in misery and discomfort. To those poor of means or poor of spirit to those who feel oppressed or put upon. To those who have not yet found a God or someone they can pray to or someone with whom to pray.

Oh Lord, for these our sisters and our brothers who do not pray and will not pray, we ask that you provide enough wisdom and compassion in all of us to pray for them . . . and for ourselves that we find better ways of caring for and helping one another..
- RM 11/21/98. Adapted from "A Prayer For Our Special Brothers & Sisters" from "An Outstretched Hand.", 1980

No comments:

Post a Comment