Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Angels


Hello from my heart to yours.....
 
"I have a dream, a song to sing .... To help me cope with anything ... If you see the wonder of a fairy tale
You can take the future even if you fail....  I believe in angels ...
Something good in everything I see ....     I believe in angels ....When I know the time is right for me ... I'll cross the stream - I have a dream.... "   
 
                                                                                    I Have a Dream by ABBA
 
I have loved that song since I was a  teenager.... .... I believe in angels... they resonate love ... and where there is love, angels reside....
 
Today is the feast day of "Guardian Angels" .... For all of my childhood, and on occasion (until it was stolen), I wore a medallion of the guardian angel with the children at her feet... It was was grandmother's, then my mother's and then, mine.. all of my boys wore the medallion on the day of their first communion... nothing is as comforting to parents as the belief that an angel protects their little ones from danger real and imagined... but the guardian angel is not just for children... their role is to represent individuals before God, to watch over them always, to aid their prayer and to represent their souls to God at death...well, that is what Catholics believe... however, in researching about angels, almost every religion believes in them in one form or another... part of the allure of the angels, I think, is the colorful and humanly compelling notion of a representative of God who is more human-like, and therefore, more approachable in imagination... 

In January of 2010, Angels came to my home from Jerusalem... one of my "earthly" angels sent them... a type of prayer-chain whereby you are chosen to receive them and have them in your home for a few days.. during this time, you are to be in a constant state of grace through prayer and meditation, and then, you are to send them to someone else who believes... and so on..... yeah, I know it sounds nutsy, but I believe and so we did it.... I remember those days as being very peaceful... we had a "messages to heaven" box in the living room where we placed prayer petitions... and everyone that came to our house, loved the idea of placing a petition in the box...  

Anyway, I am surrounded by "earthly" angels... completely surrounded.... I see and feel them everywhere... just 2 weeks ago, I went to mass at a different church and I saw an Emmaus sister of mine there... we aren't really "friends", but whenever I need some advice about something, I will email her and receive a response almost simultaneously... when I see her, I am filled with such emotion, that tears swell in my eyes... I love her... she is angelic to me.... 

Another one of my favorite people in the world is a childhood friend who has come to take me under his angelic wing as he tries to build a successful business... and there's this other angel, whom I have never met, who sends me angelic messages through her blog about Aspergers.... and another, who embodies peace and love everyday with his website postings for the world to see on facebook... and my "sweet" angel who sends me hearts and kisses... and my "redneck" angel who is forever my pillar of spiritual strength... and a "bead-making" angel who knitted me some beautiful socks... and a "wild" angel who hand-made me an anklet... and my "Indonesian" angel who calls me "mama" and loves me dearly... and the new assistant principal angel who speaks so sweetly about my child when I'm sure she wants to strangle him...lol... 

I could go on and on referring to many of you here... YOU, my blessed angels who are with me all the time through these blessings.... Everywhere, everywhere... there are angels.... filling our hearts with messages of love from above.... Angels believe in YOU... believe in them, too... 

so, on this day of the Guardian Angels, I say this prayer......... 
Thank you God for sending Your angels.... I pledge to trust in them and use their help in all of my life affairs and transactions, knowing that You have sent them to me so that I don't have to travel this journey alone... .  I close my eyes... I calm my mind... I open my heart ....  to receive all the messages that You send me through them... Help me to speak their universal language ... to speak with love... to touch with kindness... to listen with care... to see with beauty... and above all, to love .... so that Your angels reside with me eternally.....
 
...And because you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to me... I pray that angels always reside with you... 
May your day be blessed with love....
I love all of YOU, my Angels....
 
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment