Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Beginning


Hello from my heart to yours....

"The secret to a rich life is to have more beginnings than endings."  
                                                      David Weinbaum, the new voice of a conservative America 

Well... here we go again with the first days of school.... some of us comforting our children... some of us thanking God that summer is over... some of us worrying.. some of us celebrating... I think I did a little of each yesterday... having just returned from the Dominican Republic, I was definitely comforting Giorgio as he didn't even want to hear the word "school" .. he was angry that summer was over.. and as if it were my fault completely, I was called the "meanest" mama in the world at least 17 times... so I found myself  thanking God that summer is over.... I left him slouched down in the chair and I began to worry a little.. and then, as I walked back home thinking of how much work I was going to be able to do with him in school again.. well... I was celebrating.... lol... 

Our lives seem to follow a calendar of "beginning" again with every new school year (whether we have children or not) ... everything seems to take on a different motion.. a different vibration... vacations are over .. the laziness of long summer days are gone.. the traffic patterns change..  work schedules change .. etc... it seems like the perfect time to seize every opportunity as new ideas and inspirations come our way so that we can prepare to harvest all those glorious things in the Autumn... we should be gentle with ourselves though... think of how the children are starting a whole new year of their lives and remember back to when you were in school... the feelings of happiness and excitement, apprehension and fear... fortunately, everyone was having similar feelings and old friends helped us through and new friends helped us through and we survived... most of us look back at our school days with great fondness.. "beginning" again was effortless really... it was life in motion.. it should always be so effortless... .

We all know the there is an intense energy when we are beginning something new... I remember when I was a teacher, how exciting it was to prepare the classroom for the first day... how I wanted everything to be just perfect and inviting and peaceful for when the students walked in... and I remember the expressions on the little people's faces.. some would come in and hug you as if you were their only teacher ever.. and others would do as my own child did.. a half-wave of the hand and feet dragging all the way to the desk and plop down... I remember now as I am writing this that when I was teaching, every day was like a new beginning... oh those 21+ personalities a teacher has to work with daily... hmmmmm....(come back, Dory)... topic of another blessing ....let me wrap this one up.....

The energy of beginning something new.. (that's where I was)......... absorb this energy and send it forth to others.... be a joyous one...  offer love from this space of joy....  inspire those around you...  give them the deep and lasting spiritual tools to help them.. .  gifts such as these are from God and they are given to us to share....   In God's world there is enough love, enough money, enough joy for all...  God asks you to give out of the fullness of your being....  God loves you...  do not be afraid of "beginning" anything... embrace every challenge with love, hope and faith... every "beginning" gets you closer to becoming the blessed person God intends you to be.. honor the light within you and share it with others so they are not afraid of "beginning" either... 

Use the beginning of the school year as an excuse, if you will, to make it a grand and glorious time - a time of opportunity, growth, and greater ability to exist in the truth of God's love... with each "beginning", your life will become richer ...
 
and for the teachers and children... I offer this prayer today:
 
Infinite Spirit of God, open the hearts and minds of the teachers..that they may see our children as individuals .. each unique and beautiful children of God..... that they demonstrate faith, hope and love in the children's ability to learn ... give them patience and understanding... help them to always feel the excitement of these "beginning" school days throughout the whole year.... open the hearts and minds and ears of the children... so that they feel the love and openly receive all the wonderful things that their teachers will be teaching them... give them patience and understanding with one another.. help them to embrace every school day with hope and joy  ... thank You, God, for blessing this "beginning" of a new adventure in teaching and in learning... Amen.
 
May your day be blessed with all things good,
With love,
Elena
p.s. when I picked Giorgio up he said, "Mama, it was the best day ever!!!... well, except for Spanish class...lol" ... (I think he was a little happier to return this morning..)  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment