Monday, August 6, 2012

All Kinds of Love

Hello from my heart to yours...

"There are all kinds of love in this world, but never the same love twice." 

                                                                                            F. Scott Fitzgerald

... and isn't that the most fabulous thing you've ever read? I just found it on a "post-it" note while cleaning out my car... One of my childhood friends posted that quote a while back and I simply fell in love with it so I jotted it down... he was never really my "friend" growing up.. so shy, beautiful, sweet, and too nice of a boy to hang out with..lol... but he'll text me now (35 years after we first met) and say, "just checking in on you, mon ami..hope all is well" and it sure does make my heart smile...

Anyway, at first read, the quote probably provokes feelings of romantic love for most of us... but it goes so much deeper than that... since today is my first born son's birthday, my thoughts went more to the love I have for my children.. it's been 3 years since Giovanni left to live with his father and study abroad.. I wrote a blessing for him when he left using the quote, "If you cannot be a poet, be the poem.  ~David Carradine, American Actor.. best known for "Kung Fu" ... and I can tell you that back then, I thought he was only the poem.. today, at 17.. he is a poet as well... when I wrote to tell him that I was going to send money weekly for his birthday because I can't afford to send it all at once..he replied, "whatever you can Mama.. I know you would give me the world since you gave me life.." ooooh..just about melted my heart... 


Having grown up in a large family, there were always matters of who was my mother's "favorite" ... we'd go on and on about that (and sometimes still do..lol.).. my mother would always say that we'd realize there are no favorites once we had children of our own.. and she was so right... all my boys think they are my "favorite".. I love them differently in all kinds of ways.. some people say that I love Giovanni the most because of the delicate way he came into the world at 29 weeks and weighing only 864 grams... but I just respond.. "no.. I have just loved him the longest.." ... and then, other people say I love Giancarlo the most because he is so free and spiritual and the most like me in his hippie ways... but I just say, "no.. but he might love me the most" ... and then, other people say I love Giorgio the most.. so full of life.. an old soul with such thought-provoking conversation..and so incredibly hilarious as he lives in the spectrum... but I just say, "no, I just like to travel the rainbow with him.." .... they are all soooooo different.. and because of this, each love me differently.. one thing most people agree on is that all my boys are madly in love with me...lol... and why not? I am, after all,  the first woman they have ever loved... anyway... you see? "there is never the same love twice..." 

Those of you that have been with me for the last 6 years know how in love with loving I am... how I so desire to love everyone in my life..whether family, friend, co-worker or a person I have only exchanged emails with on this blessing list... everyone has the ability to touch my heart and what I strive for is to touch theirs in some little way as well... of course, I believe that first and foremost, I have to love God.. I believe He is the ultimate source of LOVE.. He is LOVE... then, I have to love myself so that, in turn, I can love others...  Love is all there is really.. it's the foundation we build upon in order to live our lives as the blessed people God intends us to be.. with LOVE at the base of our lives, there is no other way we can go but up, up, up to the highest place of love...heaven...

Alright then... tangent, tangent, tangent... so, I leave you with this prayer affirmation:

"I am blessed. I am a blessing to others. I am love. I love all of my brothers and sisters in all kinds of ways because there is never the same love twice. I am an example of LOVE for all the world to witness. Please use ME, God, as a beacon of LOVE and LIGHT so that this prayer be my truth always. Amen"

.. LOVE and be LOVED in return... you are a blessing to the world,
I love you,
Elena

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful...I agree love is the ultimate expression, and in essence all there is left when all is gone. God is love and to love GOD above all things is to love all above all things - To love.

    ReplyDelete