Monday, April 2, 2012

New Worlds & Easter/Passover Connection

Hello from my heart to yours....
 
"Each friend represents a world in us, a world not possibly born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born."   Anais Nin

I know I keep writing about all the new friends I continue to make... and maybe, in actuality they fall under the "acquaintances I have affection for" list because we may not actually be "friends" .. you know, the kind where we spend time together on a weekly basis or even monthly for that matter... but then again, the definition of "friends" is.. a person attached to another by feelings of affection or personal regard... and so, I suppose then, that I actually do have many "friends".. for I do feel attached to so many people.. even if I never see them or share a meal with them.. even if our friendship is only through facebook or email... I have great affection for so many people.... 

Anyway, I know we can all agree that it is difficult to do this... to "play" with our friends all the time.. we all work and may be busy with our children and families... maybe we are just comfortable with the people we already share our lives with and really don't care to have more people in our lives... however, if we stop and greet each new person we meet as a potential "new friend", we may find that they bring to us a whole new world full of new adventures, new dreams, new hopes and new love.... and in turn, we would be blessing them with a whole new world as well.

Spring lends itself to making new friends... maybe because it is the season in which flowers bloom.. baby birds crack out of their shells... caterpillars become butterflies... or maybe it's because it is the season in which the new worlds in religion arose... all with God in common.... Every year I like to write about the connection we have with all the people of the world... and during Holy Week, I would like to give you a quick summary of our connection....

In Judaism, the people celebrate the beginning of the biblical year with two of the three pilgrimage festivals, Passover and Pentecost (Shavuot)... In Christianity, the believers celebrate Easter and Pentecost.  Our religious worlds are connected through Pentecost (Fiftieth Day)... 

On Passover, the Jewish people were freed from their enslavement to Pharoah; on Shavuot they were given the Torah and became a nation committed to serving God.

On Easter, the Christian people were given the gift of eternal life in Heaven; on Pentecost they were given the Holy Spirit, thus creating the Holy Trinity and the Birthday of the Church.

... these holidays are always celebrated in the Spring.... making Spring the season of new hope and renewal for all who have faith in our one God...

So.... this Spring, let us reflect on that... let us attempt to make maybe one "new" friend... let us re-connect with an "old" friend and make them "new" again... I guarantee that your heart will rejoice...  it's a lovely life and as my friend Rod said, "We should be nicer to each other... we're all we've got.." Share your world with others and be willing to go into someone else's world... You'll love the new and wonderful worlds that you create for one another... I know I do.....

Remember to be as good as Spring itself for you are loved beyond measure and a cherished blessing to the world and to me... 

May your day be blessed with all things good,
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment