Friday, May 25, 2012

50th Day


hello from my heart to yours.... 

I read a quote that cracked me, but didn't write it down completely, thinking I could just google it and it would pop up... considering that I haven't written in awhile, I found it so reflective of that.... it went something like.....

"It's hard to write when the world is moving.."

 ... one of the truest sentences I have ever read... I don't know what I've been up to lately, but I have been up to so much... and I have a lot to write about because everyday something fabulous happens in my life... and I say, "I'll write today." ..but the world moves again and I don't...

So, as I am sitting in the barber shop right now watching my daddy and son being swiveled around in the chairs... I am writing... I I have been wanting to write about this upcoming weekend because Jews and Christians alike are celebrating the "50th Day" ....

We will be celebrating Shauvot and Pentecost ... the 50th day since Passover and the 50th day since Easter...  and we are celebrating it on the same day... this doesn't happen often as both our religious calendars fluctuate.. this last "Spring Feast" is a moveable feast... and perhaps because I try to live my life as if it were a moveable feast (the way Hemingway describes it to mean "the memory of a splendid place or happening that continues to go with you for the rest of your life..") I find the fact that we are all celebrating this weekend so fabulous... since you all know I LOVE to connect all of us spiritually....
  
Anyway, when God gave the Jewish people the Torah, they became servants of God.... the birth of a nation committed to God.. .. I read that Shavuot is the wedding anniversary of the Jewish people and the Torah is the marriage certificate between the Jews and God... 

 After Jesus went up to heaven, the Holy Spirit was given at Pentecost.... when the disciples received the gift, they became witnesses for Christ.... the birth of the church... a birth certificate for those who choose to be born in the Spirit... 

 Jews celebrated a joyous harvest on Shavuot...

Christians celebrated a harvest of newborn souls on Pentecost...

And so... here we are after 50 Holy days...united as brothers and sisters of one God... following the same Commandments... (or at least trying to)... praying and meditating by ourselves and with one another... because we are all loved beyond measure and are cherished blessings to the world... 

and so, I say to all my Jewish friends... Happy Anniversary... 
and, I say to all my Christian friends... Happy Birthday...

May your weekend be blessed with an abundance of love... I miss you all and love you very much... 
Elena

No comments:

Post a Comment